From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:25:28
1 >> I need to update the BIOS on my Biostar motherboard, but the utility
2 >> is said to be "Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA".  I've flashed the BIOS in
3 >> other systems by booting a FreeDOS CD, but that won't work for a
4 >> Windows (not DOS) flashing utility, will it?  I tried running the
5 >> utility via wine with no luck.
6 >
7 > Did you try the flashing utilities from the coreboot project?
8
9 I looked into that, but the only Biostar motherboard in their list of
10 supported hardware is an old Pentium II/III:
11
12 http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards
13
14 - Grant