From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -D pulling in more than it should these days?!
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:14:06
1 On Thursday 28 September 2006 17:53, Wolfgang Illmeyer
2 <wolfgang.illmeyer@×××.net> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -D
3 pulling in more than it should these days?!':
4 > If I remember
5 > correctly, -D usually meant "do not downgrade".
6
7 That was -U (--upgrade-only), which is no longer documented.
10 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
11 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
12 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
13 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh