From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to configure Radeon card
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:33:24
1 On 10/14/2010 04:23 AM, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:06 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> Forgot one last thing. After you do what I described in my other post,
5 >> make sure to execute:
6 >>
7 >> eselect opengl set ati
10 > Hi Nikos,
11 >
12 > Thanks for the advice.
13 >
14 > I think that the instructions that you're providing, however, are for
15 > the closed source ATI driver. I've already battled unsuccessfully with
16 > that driver via OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, Fedora and gentoo, so I'm trying to
17 > configure using the open source Radeon driver instead, with reference to
18 > this wiki here
19 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Radeon
20
21 You mentioned that you used "fglrxinfo" in your post, which assumes
22 you're using the closed source driver :-/ Another hint was that you're
23 using an HD5000 series card, which is not supported correctly by the
24 open source drivers anyway at this point.
25
26 Anyway, if you're on open source drivers, I think that's your problem.
27 Only the closed source driver works correctly with 3D for HD5000 cards
28 at this moment.