From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IMAP authentication not secure?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:03:44
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I've been using claws-mail with my IMAP server. I'm giving
3 > thunderbird a try but it won't work if I have "Use secure
4 > authentication" checked under "Server Settings".
5
6 The secure auth button refers to NTLM which is also called Secure
7 Password Authentication (SPA) or Windows Integrated Login. You don't
8 need it and your imap server won't support it without jumping through
9 some hoops. As long as you're using imap over SSL there is no reason for
10 it.
11
12 kashani
13 --