From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IMAP authentication not secure?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:35:25
1 > > I've been using claws-mail with my IMAP server. I'm giving
2 > > thunderbird a try but it won't work if I have "Use secure
3 > > authentication" checked under "Server Settings".
6 > The secure auth button refers to NTLM which is also called Secure Password
7 > Authentication (SPA) or Windows Integrated Login. You don't need it and your
8 > imap server won't support it without jumping through some hoops. As long as
9 > you're using imap over SSL there is no reason for it.
10 >
11 > kashani
12
13 Thanks Kashani and Alan. I thought I had a good setup.
14
15 - Grant
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list