From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IMAP authentication not secure?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:33:24
1 On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 15:35 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > > > I've been using claws-mail with my IMAP server. I'm giving
3 > > > thunderbird a try but it won't work if I have "Use secure
4 > > > authentication" checked under "Server Settings".
5 > > >
6 > >
7 > > The secure auth button refers to NTLM which is also called Secure Password
8 > > Authentication (SPA) or Windows Integrated Login. You don't need it and your
9 > > imap server won't support it without jumping through some hoops. As long as
10 > > you're using imap over SSL there is no reason for it.
11 > >
12 > > kashani
13 >
14 > Thanks Kashani and Alan. I thought I had a good setup.
15
16 to be sure, just packet sniff it :)
20 That feeling just came over me.
21 -- Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler"
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list