From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] How packages becomes stable?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:03:53
1 On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:48:17 -0700 Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 RF> On 7/25/06, Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk> wrote:
4 RF> > How the developers are informed about packages that should go to
5 RF> > stable? Is there posibility for developers to easily find these
6 RF> > packages or get some notification about it?
7 RF>
8 RF> Developers are generally expected to keep track of the packages they
9 RF> are maintaining and decide when and if to move them to stable. It is
10 RF> possible you are looking at packages that have been orphaned.
11
12 Is the list of such packages available somewhere?
13
14 RF> Regardless, if there are packages you feel are ready to go to stable,
15 RF> you can file bugs on bugs.gentoo.org to request stabilization.
16
17 Of course I can but I want to point out that this should happen
18 occasionally. I reported several packages to be keyworded for amd64
19 year ago and none of them is stable yet. So it seems to me that
20 this is not "bug", this is a "rule".
21
22 PS: Richard, how do you read this mailing list? I have suspicion
23 that my mails do not arriving to mailing list. I see only your
24 reply, not my original post (this happened also with my previous
25 mail from 23. 7.).
26
27 Robert
31 Robert Cernansky