From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] How packages becomes stable?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:04:21
1 On 7/25/06, Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:48:17 -0700 Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Is the list of such packages available somewhere?
4
5 The official and most up-to-date (hopefully) list can be generated with:
6
7 find /usr/portage -name metadata.xml | xargs grep -E "maintainer-.*@"
8
9 > RF> Regardless, if there are packages you feel are ready to go to stable,
10 > RF> you can file bugs on bugs.gentoo.org to request stabilization.
11 >
12 > Of course I can but I want to point out that this should happen
13 > occasionally. I reported several packages to be keyworded for amd64
14 > year ago and none of them is stable yet. So it seems to me that
15 > this is not "bug", this is a "rule".
16
17 Are these packages stable for x86?
18
19 > PS: Richard, how do you read this mailing list? I have suspicion
20 > that my mails do not arriving to mailing list. I see only your
21 > reply, not my original post (this happened also with my previous
22 > mail from 23. 7.).
23
24 Gmail. In fact, the problem you describe, I have only ever heard
25 about happening to gmail users, because gmail doesn't show your own
26 postings to mail lists until there is a reply. It basically
27 recognizes the incoming message as something it already has, so it
28 isn't 'new'.
29
30 However, I have a filter setup to apply a label to all gentoo-user
31 mail, so I actually do see my own posts show up under that label.
32
33 -Richard
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list