From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [O/T] How packages becomes stable?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:45:24
1 On Wednesday 26 July 2006 07:58, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 7/25/06, Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk> wrote:
3
4 > > PS: Richard, how do you read this mailing list? I have suspicion
5 > > that my mails do not arriving to mailing list. I see only your
6 > > reply, not my original post (this happened also with my previous
7 > > mail from 23. 7.).
8 >
9 > Gmail. In fact, the problem you describe, I have only ever heard
10 > about happening to gmail users, because gmail doesn't show your own
11 > postings to mail lists until there is a reply. It basically
12 > recognizes the incoming message as something it already has, so it
13 > isn't 'new'.
14 >
15 > However, I have a filter setup to apply a label to all gentoo-user
16 > mail, so I actually do see my own posts show up under that label.
17
18 Messages you send to the list also appear under the Sent Mail
19 folder/directory. As Richard says once there is a reply they also appear in
20 the Inbox and in all cases they appear under the filters. What Gmail is not
21 particularly clever is creating threads (conversations in Gmail speak). It
22 interprets the headers differently to a newsreader so messages will appear
23 under different conversations when in a conventional newsreader they would
24 not.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick