From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automounting drives, partitions & udev, mtab & fstab
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:32:55
1 On Monday 05 February 2007, Douglas Linford wrote:
2 > Alan,
3 >
4 > Thank you for the explanation...some of this helps, I already knew
5 > about the mount command. I have hal and dbus installed...what GUI
6 > tools for those apps were you refering to?
7
8 In KDE it's controlled by kcontrol - that enormous config app with 1000s
9 of selectable options. There's a selection near the top of the menu
10 which asks you which icons to display on the desktop. Options include a
11 large range of mounted and unmounted storage device types.
12
13 I can't help much with Gnome (I don't use it) but surely it will be part
14 of the vast array of configuration options available in the Preferences
15 menu. This is installed automatically with Gnome. In my limited
16 experience with Gnome I have always found that a device can be accessed
17 through the middle Other menu
18
19 alan
23 Optimists say the glass is half full,
24 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
25 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
26
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
29 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list