From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] router woes
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 19:08:26
1 On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Am Tue, 28 Mar 2017 21:19:29 +0100
3 > schrieb Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>:
7 > I'm using a 400 MBps cable link here, directly connected, I can get 48
8 > MBytes/s out of it (which should be very close if not even little above
9 > 400 MBps), even when using the TP-Link as switch. If I use bridge mode
10 > and use TP-Link as router, it stop roughly around 300 MBps. My previous
11 > router even stopped at 30 MBps. It's a CPU issue. The internal CPU
12 > needs to do layer 3 routing. Layer 2 routing (switching) can be done by
13 > hardware. Login to your router and see how the CPU is loaded. Use top.
14 > If you still loaded it with its original hardware, you cannot do this,
15 > tho. Try OpenWRT (that is what I used).
16
17 You mean, check the % of cpu usage? It must be at about 100%, right?
21 > I think there's a database which contains throughput test results with
22 > different router hardware and different firmware. However, with a quick
23 > google search, I cannot find it. You may have more luck.
24 >
25 > [some moments later]
26 >
27 > I think it's here:
28 > https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/bar/180-lan-to-wan-tcp/31
31 I think I need wan-to-lan. Anyway, those numbers seem too good to be
32 true. 919Mbps with a $61 TP-Link AC1200? What would explain my poor
33 results?
34
35 Jorge