From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't log in gnome and xfce desktop gone!
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 01:33:00
1 gnome is ok now!But i still can't fix my xfce.when i run
2 'revdep-rebuild -p' every thing is OK!
3
4 But when i enter my xfce,i just can't find my desktop!The screen is
5 black except the tool bar,and i still can use the items which are on
6 the tool bar.
9 > It's not like you haven't mentioned this before but I guess we forgot about
10 > it... :p What is the output of:
11 >
12 > # equery check gnome-vfs
13 >
14 > # equery check gnome-panel
15 >
16 > # equery check nautilus
17 >
18 > Where do you see those error messages? Do you see any other output? Did you
19 > try to run nautilus or gnome-panel from a terminal (what output does that
20 > generate)?
21 >
22 > --
23 > Bo Andresen