From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't log in gnome and xfce desktop gone!
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:47:34
1 On Wednesday 11 October 2006 04:55, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > i can't enter my gnome and the error is:
3 >
4 > The application "gnome-panel" has quit unexpectedly.
5 > The application "nautilus" has quit unexpectedly.
6
7 It's not like you haven't mentioned this before but I guess we forgot about
8 it... :p What is the output of:
9
10 # equery check gnome-vfs
11
12 # equery check gnome-panel
13
14 # equery check nautilus
15
16 Where do you see those error messages? Do you see any other output? Did you
17 try to run nautilus or gnome-panel from a terminal (what output does that
18 generate)?
21 Bo Andresen