From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automated code validation
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 19:03:06
1 Hey James,
2
3 I've removed the original content for length but I love the
4 ideas you've put together for an overarching testing strategy.
5
6 I've begun work on a small ebuild testing framework, etest [1],
7 that I believe fits into your model quite well. It uses docker
8 images for isolation and repeatability. It allows developers to
9 verify the install time and some run time behavior of ebuilds in
10 an automated fashion. It's also extremely alpha and I find new
11 issues every time I use it.
12
13 That all being said I would love feedback and if anyone is brave
14 enough to use it I would love to start cataloging issues that
15 people find in github.
16
17 James, if this doesn't fit your vision then I apologize for the
18 tangential reply to your thread.
19
20 [1] https://github.com/alunduil/etest
21
22 Thanks,
25 Alex Brandt
26 Cloud Evangelist for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
27 http://blog.alunduil.com