From: Richard Marzan <richardmarzan@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable dropping to -j1 when building certain programs
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:54:41
1 On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 22:39 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Thursday 20 September 2007 22:27:18 Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
3 > > I was not suggesting making ebuilds that will ignore mandatory -j1. I
4 > > was merely trying to find out what is the correct variable to use in
5 > > make.conf...I'm willing sacrifice my system for experimental purposes. I
6 > > remember it being something_MP="" or similar. It exists as an option in
7 > > make.conf I have it set a home but can't remember what it is. Does
8 > > anyone happen to know?
9 >
10 > Stop top-posting.
11 >
12 > I suppose you are speaking of WANT_MP=true which is used by a few packages
13 > (mozilla-sunbird, mozilla-firefox and openoffice). It does not affect any
14 > other packages though.
15 >
16 Yes, I was referring to that variable. Thanks. Sorry for top-posting but
17 it's hard not to do that at work with Outlook since reply doesn't format
18 the reply as you see above my post. I would have to edit ">" manually to
19 and add the date then send the reply. I'll try though.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list