From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: "optimized for your system" -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:12:56
1 > A downside is that you'll need fast machines to comfortably build
2 > packages. I wouldn't use it on my Pentium 3 800Mhz for example. That
3 > would take ages to compile system/world with recent GCC versions. I
4 > guess GCC was much faster in the 2.x versions back then?
5
6 How painful is it, really, to run the job when you
7 are asleep or away from the machine? Cron the update
8 or use "at" to get the changes you want when you are
9 away from the console.
12 Steven Lembark 85-09 90th St.
13 Workhorse Computing Woodhaven, NY, 11421
14 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508