From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Symlinked directories and rsync
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 06:31:40
1 On 2017-08-19 09:41, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > For the purposes about which Walter asks, I do not symlink directories,
4 > I symlink the files. IOW, I create what is known as "symlink farms".
5 > There are also multiple tools for doing that:
6 >
7 > 1. lndir, in the x11-misc/lndir package on gentoo
8 >
9 > 2. on a GNU system, cp -rsT
10 >
11 > 3. symlink-tree script in older releases of GNU automake (on my gentoo
12 > system, in the sys-devel/automake-1.11.6-r1 package)
13
14 After I wrote that, I had the nagging thought that none of those in fact
15 worked just as I wanted, and worse, they were Not Invented Here (TM).
16 Thus, I proceeded to write my own:
17
18 https://gist.github.com/nobrowser/dfeb275f3273d1e3887c2a24e6f596a6
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.