From: Oscar Carlsson <monotux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple HTTP servers question.
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:30:40
1 I think lighttpd might be something like what you're looking for.
2 It's pretty lightweight, fast enough and php/ruby/perl works with it (through
3 fastCGI).
4
5 http://www.lighttpd.net/
6
7 And of course it's in portage :)
8
9 Oscar
12 Thursday 04 August 2005 15.08 skrev Steve [Gentoo]:
13 > Having recently had hassle with dependencies for Apache2 for my
14 > configuration, I had a sudden thought that I don't really need most of
15 > the Apache features... and there are many http servers available in
16 > portage.
17 >
18 > I can classify my priorities as essential and desirable:
19 >
20 > Essential :
21 > * Must be secure against remote attacks.
22 > * Must support username-and-password based authentication.
23 >
24 > Desirable :
25 > * Support to host multiple domains on a single public IP address
26 > (NAT'd to a single static IP address for my server)
27 > * As lightweight as possible (traffic volume would be minuscule -
28 > server would be heavily loaded and low capacity.)
29 >
30 > Can anyone make suggestions as to good packages to investigate?
31 >
32 > Steve
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list