From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Simple HTTP servers question.
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:14:40
1 Having recently had hassle with dependencies for Apache2 for my
2 configuration, I had a sudden thought that I don't really need most of
3 the Apache features... and there are many http servers available in portage.
4
5 I can classify my priorities as essential and desirable:
6
7 Essential :
8 * Must be secure against remote attacks.
9 * Must support username-and-password based authentication.
10
11 Desirable :
12 * Support to host multiple domains on a single public IP address
13 (NAT'd to a single static IP address for my server)
14 * As lightweight as possible (traffic volume would be minuscule -
15 server would be heavily loaded and low capacity.)
16
17 Can anyone make suggestions as to good packages to investigate?
18
19 Steve
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list