From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new printer suggestions?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:11:05
1 On Monday 24 September 2012 18:45:29 James wrote:
2
3 > So now I'll have to think about all of this some more....
4 > HP printers have worked for me for over 14 years with linux,
5 > unix and bsd systems......
6 >
7 > I just cannot find an HP printer that fits my previously
8 > described needs...
9 >
10 > I may just get 2 for less than 500.00 as the HP 7000 officejet
11 > does handle the large 11x17 (A3 ledger) paper......
12 >
13 > thanks to all for the input; other can still make some suggestions.
14
15 I don't remember what you said you wanted, but I have a Kyocera FS1020-D
16 mono laser which has performed faultlessly these last five years or so.
17 It has a duplexer which also is driven properly. I also have a next-to
18 useless HP D4260 inkjet. It purports to work properly but it's used so
19 seldom that I can't get an even ink deposition.
20
21 HTH.
24 Rgds
25 Peter