From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - ImageMagick Strange Behaviour
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:02:49
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > When I right-clicked on the graphic that I wanted to edit and
3 > chose "open with" and display, ImageMagick didn't launch, but the
4 > configuration screen for KRandRTray
5
6 Hmm... it does that here too. Typing, instead of 'display', things
7 like 'background', 'desktop' or 'mouse' opens the corresponding
8 KControl module. Apparently "Open With" and "Alt+F2" check the
9 given command to see if it contains the name of a KControl module,
10 and launches it when found. Being KDE, this should be configurable
11 I guess, but who has an idea where to look?
12
13 A workaround is to make a symlink, for example:
14 ln -s display /usr/bin/show
15 and then invoke ImageMagick with 'show'.
16
17 A more radical workaround would be to unmerge kcontrol, but I
18 haven't tried this. :)
19
20 This seems like a bug in KDE: it should definitely skip checking for
21 a KControl module name when there is a slash in the given command.
22 Does anyone have an ideas where to start looking in KDE's mountain
23 of code for this module-name check (to be able to provide a patch
24 together with the bug report)?
25
26 Benno
27 --