From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA - No Sound
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:02:35
1 On 2011-01-24 00:49, dhk wrote:
2
3 > Everything is plugged in correctly and checked many times. As far as I
4 > know there aren't any sound daemons running, this is a new install, only
5 > a couple of weeks old. Everything looks like it should be working, the
6 > only thing is I don't hear anything. Since I hear other things I'm sure
7 > I'm not deaf and can rule that out. This is a basic set up with lvm2,
8 > gnome, firefox, thunderbird, and openoffice. That's about it, nothing
9 > fancy.
10
11 Ok, then I'm stumped... unless there's something in Gnome that's
12 creating a problem? I don't run Gnome (or KDE) for that reason. Did you
13 try a "simple" program (like ogg123, mpg123 etc.) to output sound? I've
14 come across sound/music programs (well, versions of them at least) that
15 doesn't output any sound...
16
17 Btw, have you tried a live cd (ubuntu, fedora etc.) to see if you can
18 get sound? If you get working sound you may be able to copy the settings
19 from that...
20
21 Best regards
22