From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (3rd gen)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 11:22:40
1 On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Ralf
2 <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > To answer my own question:
4 >
5 > After a lot of diffing and searching, I was able to find out, that these
6 > were the modules that I was missing:
7 >
8 > CONFIG_TCG_TPM=y
9 > CONFIG_TCG_TIS=y
10
11 Are you actually using the TPM? This shouldn't have any any effect on resume
12 but I don't know enough about crypto (you said you use it) to be certain that
13 there isn't any crosstalk.
14
15 > CONFIG_HID_LENOVO=y
16
17 This one is not necessary as it only affects _external_ lenovo USB keyboards.
18
19 > CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI=y
20 > CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_ALSA_SUPPORT=y
21 > CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO=y
22 > CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_HOTKEY_POLL=y
23
24 I had assumed you had these active as they are pretty much mandatory
25 for thinkpads.
26
27 > CONFIG_ACPI_WMI=y
28
29 This one is tricky. It has acpi in the name so it _could_ be the one that really
30 made the difference, but I thought it was an extra device.
33 In any case, it's great that you got to the bottom of this. Have you thought of
34 starting a wiki page for the X1 carbon?