From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (3rd gen)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:42:18
1 So I was able to figure it out...
2
3 Don't ask me why, but it's the TPM module.
4 Without enabling
5
6 CONFIG_TCG_TPM=y
7 CONFIG_TCG_TIS=y
8
9 my X1 Carbon won't wake up from standby.
10
11 Cheers
12 Ralf
16 On 08/26/2015 01:22 PM, Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
17 > On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Ralf
18 > <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
19 >> To answer my own question:
20 >>
21 >> After a lot of diffing and searching, I was able to find out, that these
22 >> were the modules that I was missing:
23 >>
24 >> CONFIG_TCG_TPM=y
25 >> CONFIG_TCG_TIS=y
26 > Are you actually using the TPM? This shouldn't have any any effect on resume
27 > but I don't know enough about crypto (you said you use it) to be certain that
28 > there isn't any crosstalk.
29 >
30 >> CONFIG_HID_LENOVO=y
31 > This one is not necessary as it only affects _external_ lenovo USB keyboards.
32 >
33 >> CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI=y
34 >> CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_ALSA_SUPPORT=y
35 >> CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO=y
36 >> CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_HOTKEY_POLL=y
37 > I had assumed you had these active as they are pretty much mandatory
38 > for thinkpads.
39 >
40 >> CONFIG_ACPI_WMI=y
41 > This one is tricky. It has acpi in the name so it _could_ be the one that really
42 > made the difference, but I thought it was an extra device.
45 > In any case, it's great that you got to the bottom of this. Have you thought of
46 > starting a wiki page for the X1 carbon?