From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What network configuration should I use with vbox
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 07:41:12
1 On 9 October 2010 03:29, James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/08/2010 05:47 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
3 >> On 10/08/2010 03:36 PM, Maciej Grela wrote:
4 >>> 2010/10/8 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
5 >>>> I want to install MSWindows in a VM.  I want to be able to use the guest
6 >>>> MSWindows OS to connect to a website run on apache on the Gentoo host OS on
7 >>>> the same machine.
8 >>>>
9 >>>> What is the recommended network configuration for the VM?  NAT or bridge?
10 >>>> Anything I should pay particular attention to?  I haven't configured a network
11 >>>> machine before.
12 >>>
13 >>> I would suggest bridge mode in this case.
14 >>
15 >> I second the motion to use bridge mode. All in favor, say "aye".
16 >>
17 > Aye! The bridged mode will give the VM a LAN address from DHCP (provided
18 > that your LAN uses DHCP) address that can then be used like a regular
19 > machine.
20
21 Nice, thanks.
24 Regards,