From: James Wall <wallservices@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What network configuration should I use with vbox
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 02:31:38
1 On 10/08/2010 05:47 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 10/08/2010 03:36 PM, Maciej Grela wrote:
3 >> 2010/10/8 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
4 >>> I want to install MSWindows in a VM. I want to be able to use the guest
5 >>> MSWindows OS to connect to a website run on apache on the Gentoo host OS on
6 >>> the same machine.
7 >>>
8 >>> What is the recommended network configuration for the VM? NAT or bridge?
9 >>> Anything I should pay particular attention to? I haven't configured a network
10 >>> machine before.
11 >>
12 >> I would suggest bridge mode in this case.
13 >
14 > I second the motion to use bridge mode. All in favor, say "aye".
15 >
16 Aye! The bridged mode will give the VM a LAN address from DHCP (provided
17 that your LAN uses DHCP) address that can then be used like a regular
18 machine.
19
20 James
21 --
22 No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large
23 number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.