From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:35:17
1 On Jun 25, 2012 10:55 PM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>
5 wrote:
8 > > And being honest, I hope that something else replaces GRUB2; I like
9 > > the notion of a /firstboot minimal Linux as boot loader, or something
10 > > similar. If the boot loader has to do OS-related work (graphics/input
11 > > drivers and stuff like that), I think using Linux directly is better
12 > > than re-implementing something twice (and probably in the wrong
13 > > manner) as GRUB2 is doing.
14 >
15 > Interestingly, Ubuntu, who has been a big supporter of GRUB2, is
16 > moving away from it because of license incompatibility with UEFI
17 > secure boot. They are going to use efilinux instead and are planning
18 > to extended it to have a simple boot menu interface.
21 Interesting...
22
23 I wonder if I can use efilinux for Gentoo, too...
24
25 Rgds,