From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:53:24
1 On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > And being honest, I hope that something else replaces GRUB2; I like
5 > the notion of a /firstboot minimal Linux as boot loader, or something
6 > similar. If the boot loader has to do OS-related work (graphics/input
7 > drivers and stuff like that), I think using Linux directly is better
8 > than re-implementing something twice (and probably in the wrong
9 > manner) as GRUB2 is doing.
10
11 Interestingly, Ubuntu, who has been a big supporter of GRUB2, is
12 moving away from it because of license incompatibility with UEFI
13 secure boot. They are going to use efilinux instead and are planning
14 to extended it to have a simple boot menu interface.