From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openmotif behavior
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:10:59
1 On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 05:08:25PM +0100, Penguin Lover ?ffffc1lvaro Castro squawked:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > :-) I have to say that I managed to switch completely
5 > to Linux!
6 > I'm very happy with that, although I'm still using a
7 > couple of closed-source programs (I cannot replace
8 > them at these moments)
9 >
10 > The problem I'm having with them (both) is that they
11 > use openmotif (I believe, looking inside their /lib
12 > files) and they have some collisions in its behavior
13 > against enlightenment.
14 >
15 > One of them is, for example, Maya7.0, which uses the
16 > left button+ALT as combination for camera rotation.
17 > The point is that the same input combination is used
18 > by englithenment for Window resizing. Similarly
19 > happens with ALT+MIDDLE button.
20 >
21 > I'm using the enlightenment 16 (the normally
22 > distributed in gentoo).
23 >
24 > Do you know any way to supress this behavior for
25 > enlightenment (or however), and, if possible, only for
26 > the problematic windows.
29 Try (caveat: I haven't done this myself before):
30
31 copy /usr/share/enlightenment/config/keybindings.cfg to
32 ~/.enlightenment/keybindings.cfg
33
34 Edit the file, it should be fairly intuitive. For example, you can
35 probably just comment out the lines
36 ----begin snip---------
37 __ACLASS __BGN
38 __NAME BUTTONBINDINGS
39 __TYPE __TYPE_NORMAL
40 __EVENT __MOUSE_PRESS
41 __BUTTON 1
42 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
43 __ACTION __A_MOVE
44 __NEXT_ACTION
45 __EVENT __MOUSE_PRESS
46 __BUTTON 1
47 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT_SHIFT
48 __ACTION __A_SWAPMOVE
49 __NEXT_ACTION
50 __EVENT __DOUBLE_CLICK
51 __BUTTON 1
52 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
53 __ACTION __A_SHADE
54 __NEXT_ACTION
55 __EVENT __MOUSE_PRESS
56 __BUTTON 2
57 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
58 __ACTION __A_RESIZE
59 __NEXT_ACTION
60 __EVENT __DOUBLE_CLICK
61 __BUTTON 2
62 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
63 __ACTION __A_MAX_HEIGHT available
64 __NEXT_ACTION
65 __EVENT __MOUSE_PRESS
66 __BUTTON 3
67 __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
68 __ACTION __A_SHOW_MENU "named WINOPS_MENU"
69 __END
70 ----end snip------------
71 with C style comments. and get rid of all the mouse bindings on windows.
72
73 HTH,
74
75 W
76 --
77 "`You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace.
78 It's unpleasently like being drunk.'
79 `What's so unpleasent about being drunk?'
80 `You ask a glass of water.'"
81
82 - Arthur getting ready for his first jump into hyperspace.
83 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 44 days, 9:21
84 --
85 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list