From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dual monitors and dual desktops
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:17:47
1 On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On 2012-10-25, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I have a laptop and an external monitor.
6 >
7 > Here's how I do it using Xorg.config
8 >
9 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
10 > Section "ServerLayout"
11 > Identifier "Triple"
12 > Screen 0 "Samsung0"
13 > Screen 1 "Samsung1" rightof "Samsung0"
14 > Screen 2 "Acer" leftof "Samsung0"
15 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
16 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
17 > EndSection
18 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
19 >
20 > There are three Device sections (one for one video card, and one for
21 > each of the DVI outputs on a second video card). There are then three
22 > corresponding Screen sections (named Samsung0, Samsung1, and Acer).
25 Does this setup really separate the screens to 2 desktops and not one big
26 virtual desktop?
29 > Dunno anything about xrandr...
30 >
31 > --
32 > Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Here I am at the
33 > flea
34 > at market but nobody is
35 > buying
36 > gmail.com my urine sample