From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rust problem when upgrading Firefox : solved
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 21:24:44
1 181015 Dale wrote:
2 > Just curious, did you notice this little part?
3 > "LLVM ERROR: IO failure on output stream: No space left on device"
4 > You may want to make sure you are not out of disk space
5 > wherever your tmp directory is or out of ram if you use tmpfs.
6
7 Yes, I did, as I said, & added 2 lines to 'package.env'.
8 That solved that problem, which was surprising :
9 my explanation is that FF itself is too big to use 'tmpfs'
10 & this then squeezes out any other pkgs to be compiled along with it,
11 even a tiny virtual. Otherwise, the 1st problem was USE flags.
12
13 The new FF requires some very big items, which took a long time to emerge :
14 Rust (59), Clang (11), Llvm (15), FF (33) : total 118 min .
15 The total download was c 500 MB . LO is modest in comparison.
16
17 Now to get some groceries, then I'll try it out.
18 The big question is whether I can still group tabs,
19 whether directly with FF or via some add-on (whatever they're now called).
20
21 Thanks for offering a bit of help.
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca