From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.x installation blocks
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:35:51
1 On Tuesday 08 September 2009 15:12:57 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 8. September 2009 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
3 > > On Dienstag 08 September 2009, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
4 > > > The command is :
5 > > >
6 > > > emerge -uD --tree world
7 > > >
8 > > > The output is in the attached file
9 > > >
10 > > >
11 > > > Thanks you all!
12 > >
13 > > nice wicd really pulls in a lot of crap. Or to me more accurate gksu
14 > > pulls in a lot of crap. Nautilus? Just to ask for the root pw?
15 > >
16 > > That is really, really bad.
17 >
18 > Hm.. I’m slightly puzzled. Wicd needs one of kdesu, gksu or ktsuss. But
19 > since it’s already installed (nomerge in the emerge output), this
20 > condition is already fulfilled. So one other solution would be to
21 > deinstall wicd, install kde so kdesu gets installed and then remerge wicd.
22 > Then it finds kdesu and won't ask for gksu and nautilus in the process.
23 > Besides, the dependency nautilus can be removed by using -gnome.
24
25 That won't work. He already has gksu installed
26
27 The references to wicd are irrelevant, pure coincidence that wicd can use gksu
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com