From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 04:19:12
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Jack wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Is it possible it was still syncing cache out to the physical drive?
5 >> I wonder if iotop would show any activity for that drive if that's the
6 >> case?
7 >>
8 >> Jack
13 > I may try that next time but the light had stopped blinking for several
14 > minutes.  Since it is a SMR drive, I always leave it running until I
15 > can't feel the heads bumping around.  I don't think it would be that
16 > but, it's worth a try. It may lead to something.
17 >
18 > Will update when it does it again.
19 >
20 > Thanks.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
24 > :-)  :-)
28 I had to wait until I was doing backups again to try anything.  The 6TB
29 drive did fine.  The 8TB drive is giving the in use error.  The drive is
30 unmounted but iotop didn't show anything and the light isn't blinking
31 either.  I'd think if it was flushing cache the light would flash and it
32 would not umount.
33
34 I tried the udev-trigger trick but it didn't work.  I don't know how
35 long it will stay 'in use' so if anyone has ideas, think and type fast.
36 If not, may have to wait until next time to try again.
37
38 Dale
39