From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 15:27:01
1 Jack wrote:
2 > On 6/15/21 10:21 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Ramon Fischer wrote:
4 >>> Hello Dale,
5 >>>
6 >>> this also happens to me sometimes and the culprit was an open process
7 >>> still accessing the hard drive. Maybe you can solve it like this:
8 >>>
9 >>>     $ lsof /mnt/8tb
10 >>>     zsh       8390 root  cwd    DIR  253,2      4096 27787265 /mnt/8tb
11 >>>     $ kill 8390
12 >>>     $ lsof /mnt/8tb
13 >>>
14 >>> After that, you should be able to close the drive via "cryptsetup".
15 >>>
16 >>> -Ramon
17 >>>