From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:56:16
1 On 6/15/21 10:21 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Ramon Fischer wrote:
3 >> Hello Dale,
4 >>
5 >> this also happens to me sometimes and the culprit was an open process
6 >> still accessing the hard drive. Maybe you can solve it like this:
7 >>
8 >>    $ lsof /mnt/8tb
9 >>    zsh       8390 root  cwd    DIR  253,2      4096 27787265 /mnt/8tb
10 >>    $ kill 8390
11 >>    $ lsof /mnt/8tb
12 >>
13 >> After that, you should be able to close the drive via "cryptsetup".
14 >>
15 >> -Ramon
16 >>