From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:21:25
1 Ramon Fischer wrote:
2 > Hello Dale,
3 >
4 > this also happens to me sometimes and the culprit was an open process
5 > still accessing the hard drive. Maybe you can solve it like this:
6 >
7 >    $ lsof /mnt/8tb
8 >    zsh       8390 root  cwd    DIR  253,2      4096 27787265 /mnt/8tb
9 >    $ kill 8390
10 >    $ lsof /mnt/8tb
11 >
12 > After that, you should be able to close the drive via "cryptsetup".
13 >
14 > -Ramon
15 >