From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Name Resolution Problem
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 03:35:14
1 check 'man dhcpcd' to check the arguments to pass to it
2 (via /etc/conf.d/net) to prevent it overwriting local config files
3 like /etc/resolv.conf.
4
5 Are you using a local bind server? recent updates to localhost
6 processing in a recent gentoo update did the same for me with clients on
7 other machines (principly firefox, but sometimes other apps).
8 eventually I overwrote the gentoo supplied localhost and 127.zone config
9 files with my own and now its all "sweet". I dont know why browsers
10 seem to ignore /etc/hosts, but firefox, mozilla and I think IE all do.
11
12 My /etc/nsswitch setting is "files DNS" which should make apps
13 check /etc/hosts first.
14
15 BillK