From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsamixergui with gentoo-sources-2.6.26
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:36:16
1 On Wednesday 17 September 2008, James wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I have a weird one here. I have been using alsamixergui for quite some
5 > time without problems on kernel 2.6.24. The other day I upgraded to
6 > 2.6.26 and now every time I try to modify the volume level(s) on
7 > alsamixergui for any one of the devices, the mixer just completely
8 > hangs. The only way to get it back is to do a kill -9 <pid>.
9 >
10 > This happens consistently. (Un)muting works fine on the mixer, but
11 > changing volume levels always results in a complete hang.
12 >
13 > alsamixer (the text version) works beautifully.
14 >
15 > I've upgraded to the latest version of alsamixergui with no success.
16 >
17 > Thoughts?
18 > -j
21 you are not alone.