From: "Radosław Grzanka" <radekg@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail system recommendations
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:33:09
1 David Relson napisał(a):
2 > On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:06:12 -0500
3 > Michael Crute wrote:
6 >> On 11/8/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> I have a small network, consisting of three PCs. Each of these PCs
9 >>> has a public WAN address, and each runs Apache, vsftpd and sendmail
10 >>> (as well as ipkungfu for firewall protection). One of them runs
11 >>> mailman. I would like to replace sendmail with something not
12 >>> so...shall we say prehistoric? I've been advised many times to do
13 >>> so on this list and others. Would anyone please give me some
14 >>> recommendations for a new choice of mail server? I'd like one with
15 >>> plenty if documentation.
16 >>>
17 >> For my money I would say run postfix.
20 > Michael S:
21 >
22 > I agree with Michael C. I've been running postfix for several years.
23 > It's easy to use and it works! More than that I don't want/need
24 > (though I do use mailman with it to handle the bogofilter mailing
25 > lists).
26 >
27 Hi,
28 I have few (small) sites that run postfix under my control and I also
29 would recommend it.
30 However if you require some advanced features from postfix
31 (anti-virus, spamassassin etc.) then be prepared for few surprises on
32 upgrade and looking through configuration files + documentation +
33 changelog. Once it cought me with my pants down and left my sites for
34 few days without mail until I found source of the problem.
35
36 Still, postfix is the best IMVHO.
37
38 Cheers,