From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail system recommendations
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:43:45
1 On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:06:12 -0500
2 Michael Crute wrote:
3
4 > On 11/8/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I have a small network, consisting of three PCs. Each of these PCs
6 > > has a public WAN address, and each runs Apache, vsftpd and sendmail
7 > > (as well as ipkungfu for firewall protection). One of them runs
8 > > mailman. I would like to replace sendmail with something not
9 > > so...shall we say prehistoric? I've been advised many times to do
10 > > so on this list and others. Would anyone please give me some
11 > > recommendations for a new choice of mail server? I'd like one with
12 > > plenty if documentation.
13 >
14 > For my money I would say run postfix.
15
16 Michael S:
17
18 I agree with Michael C. I've been running postfix for several years.
19 It's easy to use and it works! More than that I don't want/need
20 (though I do use mailman with it to handle the bogofilter mailing
21 lists).
22
23 Regards,
24