From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --oneshot and --update
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:08:26
1 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 16/5/2011, at 7:35am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 >
4 >> ...
5 >> * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in @world
6 >>
7 >> * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
8 >> (emerge --update package) ...
9 >>
10 > Will this not cause the package to be recorded in world?
11 >
12 > I think you update a oneshotted package with `emerge -1 package` (just the same as you used to install it in the first place).
13 >
14 > This probably doesn't arise very often, as you probably won't be updating oneshotted packages very often. --oneshot is fairly strictly a temporary solution - to fulfil a virtual in a certain way or just for testing how a package behaves with or without a graphics lib installed. If you want the package updated then you should record it in world.
15 >
16 > Stroller.
20 Way back when, --update did not record to the world file. That may have
21 changed but I sort of doubt it.
22
23 Dale
24