From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --oneshot and --update
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:40:04
1 On 16/5/2011, at 7:35am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > ...
3 > * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in @world
4 >
5 > * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
6 > (emerge --update package) ...
7
8 Will this not cause the package to be recorded in world?
9
10 I think you update a oneshotted package with `emerge -1 package` (just the same as you used to install it in the first place).
11
12 This probably doesn't arise very often, as you probably won't be updating oneshotted packages very often. --oneshot is fairly strictly a temporary solution - to fulfil a virtual in a certain way or just for testing how a package behaves with or without a graphics lib installed. If you want the package updated then you should record it in world.
13
14 Stroller.