From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Xorg 1.9.2 and wrong display size
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 21:10:08
1 On 01/02/2011 11:25 AM, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > My 1.9.2 upgrade didn't lose the keys, but it thinks the screen has
3 > fewer pixels than before, and what it does use is pushed off to the
4 > right (there is a column down the left side, roughly 10-20% of the
5 > screen, which is inaccessible).
6 >
7 > I've included 3 logs -- the working 1.8.2, the failing 1.9.2, and the
8 > failing /var/log/Xorg.0.log...
9
10 The 'failing' log shows that the new Xorg-server is using the MACH64 driver,
11 but your 'working' 1.8.2 log is truncated, so it doesn't tell us which video
12 driver it was using successfully.
13
14 Given only 8MB of video memory, maybe the vesa driver would work better?
15 Dunno. Does your BIOS have a setting for the video "aperture"?