From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adjusting brightness on videos. kmplayer in particular.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:22:22
1 Renat Golubchyk wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 04:16:58 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Renat Golubchyk wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:07:39 -0500
9 >>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>> Graham Murray wrote:
14 >>>>
15 >>>>
16 >>>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
17 >>>>>
18 >>>>>
19 >>>>>
20 >>>>>> I downloaded CSI and a NCIS video a while ago. I'm trying to
21 >>>>>> watch it but it is really dark. I am using kmplayer with mplayer
22 >>>>>> for the backend. I found where it says you can adjust brightness
23 >>>>>> and contrast but they don't do anything. The screen looks fine
24 >>>>>> outside of watching a show. Here is some emerge info just in
25 >>>>>> case I missed a USE flag or something:
26 >>>>>>
27 >>>>>>
28 >>>>> Have you tried changing the gamma?
29 >>>>>
30 >>>>>
31 >>>> I tried changing all the things in the menu that pops up. None of
32 >>>> them do anything at all. They move and they are not grayed out or
33 >>>> anything, they just don't work. It reminds me of adjusting the
34 >>>> volume when it is muted.
35 >>>>
36 >>>> Ideas?
37 >>>>
38 >>>>
39 >>> Try other output drivers. Run "mplayer -vo help" to see what drivers
40 >>> are supported. I've just tried it with xv (default) and it didn't
41 >>> work. x11 driver works, but the brightness of the whole X changes.
42 >>> Using gl and gl2 output everything works as expected.
43 >>>
44 >>>
45 >>> Cheers,
46 >>> Renat
47 >>>
48 >>>
49 >> You da man !! I first checked out the command you gave and I have a
50 >> lot of options listed. After reading the man page, should I mention
51 >> that thing is HUGE, I then opened kmplayer and checked out the options
52 >> there. I selected the OpenGL driver and it now works. It goes from
53 >> completely black to blindingly white.
56 > You can adjust contrast, hue, and saturation as well. Changing the hue
57 > doesn't work here anymore for some reason, though.
60 > Cheers,
61 > Renat
64 I didn't check the hue but the others worked like they should. I'll try
65 those in a bit. I have to make a grocery run for a friend.
66
67 Dale
68