From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adjusting brightness on videos. kmplayer in particular.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:36:05
1 On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 04:16:58 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Renat Golubchyk wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:07:39 -0500
6 > > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >> Graham Murray wrote:
10 > >>
11 > >>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
12 > >>>
13 > >>>
14 > >>>> I downloaded CSI and a NCIS video a while ago. I'm trying to
15 > >>>> watch it but it is really dark. I am using kmplayer with mplayer
16 > >>>> for the backend. I found where it says you can adjust brightness
17 > >>>> and contrast but they don't do anything. The screen looks fine
18 > >>>> outside of watching a show. Here is some emerge info just in
19 > >>>> case I missed a USE flag or something:
20 > >>>>
21 > >>> Have you tried changing the gamma?
22 > >>>
23 > >> I tried changing all the things in the menu that pops up. None of
24 > >> them do anything at all. They move and they are not grayed out or
25 > >> anything, they just don't work. It reminds me of adjusting the
26 > >> volume when it is muted.
27 > >>
28 > >> Ideas?
29 > >>
30 > >
31 > > Try other output drivers. Run "mplayer -vo help" to see what drivers
32 > > are supported. I've just tried it with xv (default) and it didn't
33 > > work. x11 driver works, but the brightness of the whole X changes.
34 > > Using gl and gl2 output everything works as expected.
37 > > Cheers,
38 > > Renat
41 > You da man !! I first checked out the command you gave and I have a
42 > lot of options listed. After reading the man page, should I mention
43 > that thing is HUGE, I then opened kmplayer and checked out the options
44 > there. I selected the OpenGL driver and it now works. It goes from
45 > completely black to blindingly white.
46
47 You can adjust contrast, hue, and saturation as well. Changing the hue
48 doesn't work here anymore for some reason, though.
51 Cheers,
52 Renat