From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adjusting brightness on videos. kmplayer in particular.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:17:04
1 Renat Golubchyk wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:07:39 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Graham Murray wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>> I downloaded CSI and a NCIS video a while ago. I'm trying to
12 >>>> watch it but it is really dark. I am using kmplayer with mplayer
13 >>>> for the backend. I found where it says you can adjust brightness
14 >>>> and contrast but they don't do anything. The screen looks fine
15 >>>> outside of watching a show. Here is some emerge info just in case
16 >>>> I missed a USE flag or something:
17 >>>>
18 >>> Have you tried changing the gamma?
19 >>>
20 >> I tried changing all the things in the menu that pops up. None of
21 >> them do anything at all. They move and they are not grayed out or
22 >> anything, they just don't work. It reminds me of adjusting the
23 >> volume when it is muted.
24 >>
25 >> Ideas?
28 > Try other output drivers. Run "mplayer -vo help" to see what drivers
29 > are supported. I've just tried it with xv (default) and it didn't work.
30 > x11 driver works, but the brightness of the whole X changes. Using gl
31 > and gl2 output everything works as expected.
34 > Cheers,
35 > Renat
38 You da man !! I first checked out the command you gave and I have a lot
39 of options listed. After reading the man page, should I mention that
40 thing is HUGE, I then opened kmplayer and checked out the options
41 there. I selected the OpenGL driver and it now works. It goes from
42 completely black to blindingly white.
43
44 Now I can watch my shows and see something besides the light bulbs. O_O
45
46 THANKS MUCH !!
47
48 Dale