From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adjusting brightness on videos. kmplayer in particular.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:54:04
1 On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:07:39 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Graham Murray wrote:
5 > > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
6 > >
7 > >> I downloaded CSI and a NCIS video a while ago. I'm trying to
8 > >> watch it but it is really dark. I am using kmplayer with mplayer
9 > >> for the backend. I found where it says you can adjust brightness
10 > >> and contrast but they don't do anything. The screen looks fine
11 > >> outside of watching a show. Here is some emerge info just in case
12 > >> I missed a USE flag or something:
13 > >
14 > > Have you tried changing the gamma?
15 >
16 > I tried changing all the things in the menu that pops up. None of
17 > them do anything at all. They move and they are not grayed out or
18 > anything, they just don't work. It reminds me of adjusting the
19 > volume when it is muted.
20 >
21 > Ideas?
22
23 Try other output drivers. Run "mplayer -vo help" to see what drivers
24 are supported. I've just tried it with xv (default) and it didn't work.
25 x11 driver works, but the brightness of the whole X changes. Using gl
26 and gl2 output everything works as expected.
29 Cheers,
30 Renat