From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:20:53
1 Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The question is valid and interesting, moreover it is asked very kindly.
4 > I can't see what possibly might be preventing you to answer the same
5 > way.
6
7 I did answer these questions many times before and in many cases I have
8 later been attacked.
9
10 The URLs mentioned did point to disinformation from lwn.net that should be
11 easily identifyable as incorrect claims. If such URLs are published without
12 comment, I asume that the questionair believes the incorrect claims from
13 lwn.net. Would you answer people if they make untrue claims (e.g. by giving
14 uncommented pointers to other peoples incorrect articles) before asking?
17 > Let me rephrase the original question w/o pointers to any external
18 > sources to avoid unintentional offending you:
19 >
20 > Why do you use a modified CDDL license? What are the advantages of
21 > this license over GPL?
22
23 What do you call "a modified CDDL license" and why do you believe there is
24 "a modified CDDL license"?
25
26 Do you know the history? Do you know that since summer 2004, some people
27 (those people who now stand behind "wodim") started to attack the cdrtools
28 project?
29
30 Jörg
33 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin