From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:51:02
1 On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:57:43 +0200
2 Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:
3
4 > Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Since you now appear to be answering license questions, could I
7 > > trouble you, please, to address this query?
8 > >
9 > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/200045
10 >
11 > If you like to have a serious answer, do not include pointers to
12 > nonserious articles like this one:
13 >
14 > http://lwn.net/Articles/195167/
15 >
16 > Jörg
20 Jörg,
21
22 The question is valid and interesting, moreover it is asked very kindly.
23 I can't see what possibly might be preventing you to answer the same
24 way.
25
26 Let me rephrase the original question w/o pointers to any external
27 sources to avoid unintentional offending you:
28
29 Why do you use a modified CDDL license? What are the advantages of
30 this license over GPL?
31
32 Please, be assured that there is no single piece of sarcasm in those
33 questions and my intention is not to blame you for anything. Those
34 are a real questions, expressing sincere curiosity.
35
36 I'm looking forward to reading your response.
40 Best regards,
41 Daniel
42 --
43 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list