From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:57:50
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On 27 Jun 2008, at 10:25, Joerg Schilling wrote:
5 >
6 > > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> On Thursday 26 June 2008, Joerg Schilling wrote:
9 > >>> A more general problem is the license incompatibility with libcdio.
10 > >>> Sun dropped libcdio already a year ago after Sun lawyers detected
11 > >>> the
12 > >>> problem and I expect that Linux distros will do the same soon.
13 > >>
14 > >> Could you elaborate a little on what the license incompatibility is?
15 > >
16 > > First, libcdio had an illegal license change...
17 >
18 > Since you now appear to be answering license questions, could I
19 > trouble you, please, to address this query?
20 >
21 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/200045
22
23 If you like to have a serious answer, do not include pointers to nonserious
24 articles like this one:
25
26 http://lwn.net/Articles/195167/
27